Bass Pro Shops lead boat sales consultant in Pearland, Texas
Under the supervision of the GSM - Marine gives daily direction to the Boat Sales Consultants to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, customer service activities.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Supports GSM in achievement of Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals
3) Provides daily direction to the associates within the Department
4) Prepares To-do / Task lists & Follow-up appropriately
5) Meets with potential customers to determine their boating needs. Provide information necessary to allow the customer to make an informed buying decision.
6) Maintains current product knowledge by using available resources, i.e., product brochures, Internet and product information training meetings
7) Insures that all Sales Consultants remain current on & adhere to all selling skills training & direction
8) Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager
9) Assists the GSM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items
10) Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
11) Utilizes IDS Prospect Management screens on a daily basis, specifically entering new customers and conducting follow up activities with customers before and after the sale
12) Maintains a clean and professional work area
13) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
2-3 years of Supervisory experience preferably in a Retail or Sales environment
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages
Ability to read and analyze certain reports
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and make presentations to small groups
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates & customers
Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled